Just as I was about to drive off from the Googleplex, I noticed this unusual cloud formation where the sky seemed to be cut in half. One side was a nearly cloudless blue, the other a gauzy panel that reached almost to the ground like a cloud curtain half-drawn over the summer sky. Seemed like the perfect image to capture where we are right now–at the end of our time having a child with us (again), vacation happening soon, new work opportunities around the corner. And looking at both sides of the sky–one clear, one cotton candy cumulus–I couldn’t tell you which side I prefer. They’re both good, just different. Like most phases of our lives.
Here are some other atmospheric things I spotted this week:
1. Fancy fun embroidery to spark up a child’s room.
2. Pink pillow paintings would be dreamy in my bedroom.
3. Food typography - who knew?
4. Warm wood kitchens challenge the ubiquitous all-white kitchens.
5. Thinking it might be fun to turn some Instagram pics into paintings.